Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

very generic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kamyar

very generic Empty
PostSubject: very generic   very generic Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 am

This is all stuff I've noticed and began to question weather or not FF14 is gonna make it for the long run. Now I am gonna play regardless, chrono, garg, steel and many more that I hope play have been really good friends to me and I hope to see them on 14 and play a lot. And hopefully someone will respond with some counter point, Hopefully Steel will also respond to this cause he can be an asshole with counterpoints that very good and educated (steel that was a compliment and an insult in one, so it balances out can't let it goto your head) and the rest of you tell me if you think ff14 is generic and if you think it will last

1. what i gotta say
a. all the class that I've played had some sort of healing ability at 5th rank, that being puglist, marauder and thaumaturgise and i have
not tied any other and therefore unable to say anything
b. any ability really gained is inter changeable making classes seem pointless(other then what weapon your using kinda lame)
c. I don't see much with the system being able to support decent endgame. Everyone pretty much knows i was never for showing
up 2-3 times a week to rerun something for a drop, but that is what keeps an MMO alive but thats not the only thing i wanna do end
game. don't wanna play a game just for loot drops from raid
d. difference between magic and war from what I've notices is, war doubles the HP and halves the MP, magic does the exact opposite
e. At times seems like WoW jizzed inside my FF11 and birthed 14
f. SE extra character cost extra money thing and the fact there really is no leveling other jobs mean gonna peak really fast in game
Back to top Go down
Steel

very generic Empty
PostSubject: Re: very generic   very generic Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 pm

I get some of the same feelings about this game, Kam. It seems like someone could reach the cap on whatever in a short period of time. I suppose SE went the WoW route because of how casual that game is. I find being able to have another job's abilities fun and interesting though I have no idea how everything will be in the long run. SE is going to have to think long and hard with what the endgame activities are going to be. I was never a fan of dedicating large amounts of time daily for a chance to have an item drop so I can only hope FFXIV's endgame has something more captivating.

So basically, I have no counterpoints for you because I agree with what you said.
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

very generic Empty
PostSubject: Re: very generic   very generic Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm still going to play as i'm actually having alot of fun in the beta. just can't wait til the lag is cut down on release and i see more of you guys on there Very Happy

Here kam i know i'm not steel but i'll try to point out some stuff i've read/found out on my own.

A. they trying to go for a more solo friendly option. although from what i've read there will be necessities to party if you want to get up faster/quest. And none of them are that great past 15 that i've read either, as they still only give about 150 hp (except bloodbath) or however much they start with. so its just to help via downtime it really seems.

B. not all are interchangeable like certain ws and i believe the better 2 versions of them won't be either. that's just speculation though on my end. that and they really are more effective on their class marauder for example has steadfast which boosts most of their own attacks but move em to say gladiator and they don't get the steadfast bonuses. they were trying to go... make your own class type of deal using your fave weapon/look with benefits to sticking to the main class obviously. also don't forget they haven't added in the traits either, or all the quests/weaponry.

C. IF they go with the regular random loot drop for 30 hours of trying then it'll be very strict to get into, basically everyone would become a cookie cutter and that goes against what they were shooting for i believe. but this one kinda worrying too. i bet they'll come up with something for it though.

D. i don't get what you mean here like hp/mp values?

E. that's what happens when WoW is so casual friendly 9 yo's can get to 80 and get high end raiding gear, everyone tries to be more casual friendly... that and evil facebook casual gaming.

F. well i told you before kam you can't progress a class level higher then your phys level so you would have to level other classes or you'll be stuck. as it takes less class exp then it does for phys exp to lvl. and i read they will be altering they skill ups gained as pug is by far the quickest to lvl. and don't forget the surplus system... while i haven't seen it even take effect other then dropping my phys exp a bit i just switched and continued but either way it'll have a role yet.
Back to top Go down
http://cgim.dbq.edu/students/dfeather/website/index.html
kamyar

very generic Empty
PostSubject: Re: very generic   very generic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:20 am

still got my doubt guys, but has John McClain once said yippie kiyay mother F'er, and i'm gonna see this thru, thx chrono and steel
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

very generic Empty
PostSubject: Re: very generic   very generic Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:03 pm

well of course but remember there will be patches lol they'll slowly fix or make things unbalanced in time to come. but i'm willing to stick to it....
Back to top Go down
http://cgim.dbq.edu/students/dfeather/website/index.html
Sponsored content

very generic Empty
PostSubject: Re: very generic   very generic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

very generic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hello Everyone! :: In game discussion.-
Jump to: