Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

quick question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Black(Chrono)
Admin

quick question Empty
PostSubject: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:59 pm

the new level up system, fatigue and surplus, sounds kind of interesting. has some good points but wanted the opinion of you guys, cus i read in the forums so much negativity about it, probably due to the whole not liking change ideology. Is it really all that hard to level up like they suggest or do you see possible changes to it in the future. as in abolishing or changing the time from one week to a day or two?
Back to top Go down
http://cgim.dbq.edu/students/dfeather/website/index.html
Steel

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

The hate for the fatigue system is mostly based on misunderstanding of the concept. I'll try my best to explain as I understand it as the developer's have stated in the beta forums. If something is not clear or is confusing, please let me know so I can elaborate further.

First, there are two types of experience. One is called skill points, which only level your discipline or job and experience points which are for your overall level. Everytime you gain an experience level you are rewarded with points that you can distribute on your attributes and elemental resistance categories.

The way it works is the developers have calculated how much experience and skill points someone would gain in an hour. After eight hours of nothing but experience point gaining your character will become fatigued and can no longer gain experience or skill points. So, for the sake of arguement let's say that predetermined number for an hour is 5,000 and for eight hours the total is 40,000. After gaining 40,000 experience and skill points you can no longer gain anymore. And the 40,000 EXP fatigue limit is reset weekly. So, depending on the amount of experience someone gains they could essentially never reach the limit for a week or they reduce their fatigue in a number of ways.

Reducing fatigue means you would have to stop gaining experience by focusing on quests, storyline, crafting or anything else. Example: let's say you gain 20,000 EXP in four hours and the game has your fatigue at 50% then you decide to go out with some friends and do not resume playing until the next day; because you stopped gaing experience the game now has lowered your fatigue to 30%.

Now, let's say you reach 100% fatigue on experience points and skill points for the discipline of Lancer. You can also switch to another discipline (Fisherman) and continue receiving skill points on that as normal with no fatigue. Let's say you reach 100% fatigue on Fisherman and because you were not gaining skill points on Lancer the fatigue on that discipline has been reduced to 0%.

Overall, if you switch up your playstyle and do not focus on one discipline or activity then you may never reach the 100% fatigue on anything and play without ever having to come into contact with the fatigue system.

Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 pm

okay that makes much more sense and i figured it was something about people misunderstanding. that was very clear to me made sense steel. now i know your physical level is one thing and skill level another but if you get fatigued on the one IE lancer and you switch to fishermen you can still gain physical exp and not just skill points? or do you gain both again cus if that's they case wtf are people flipping about.
Back to top Go down
kamyar

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 pm

cause chrono i read almost every word and no where did i see the words "tits" "ass" "cleavage" "hooters" "3-somes" and "Parlay"
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 pm

that would also make sense kam lmao. the general populace is very stupid lol.
Back to top Go down
Steel

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 am

I'm not sure what if you still gain physical EXP if you change disciplines after reaching fatigue on one discipline. I'll find out more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quick question Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick question   quick question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hello Everyone! :: Get to know everyone here!-
Jump to: