Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi my name is...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gargemel
Admin

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:46 am

Hey everyone, i for one is happy to get to meet all that plan to attend Final Fantasy XIV. I've been testing XIV since alpha to beta and can assure you it's going to be great!

This is me.

Hope everyone gets along well and will be great to know everyone and have a fresh new start!
Back to top Go down
https://ffxiv-meeting.darkbb.com
Steel

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Final Fantasy XIV is awesome in theory. By that I mean if the developers can get all the bugs and glitches cleaned up before release date then there's a good chance the game will turn out to great. However, there have been some annoying occurences from what I've tested. The current beta is just a prettied up alpha with the majority of the games' functions not available or not active. There's no macro system yet, the controls with the keyboard are awful beyond measure (WASD to move your character and JIKL for moving the camera, what?) and from what I've seen there have been many cases of people falling through floors and having to restart their characters from scratch as there is no GM to contact. The last one I've experienced myself as my character fell through the floor after exiting the first cutscene and after I recreated him I saw another person fall through the floor.

As of right now Square Enix has been focusing on server stability. I hope SE does enough to not have the same problems as Final Fantasy XI when it comes to updating the game or logging on. Now that I think about it, the updates in Final Fantasy XIV so far have been peer-to-peer which does help. I'm waiting for phase III of the beta which is supposed to add the rest of the features currently missing and I'll post my impressions of it here as well. As of right now I'd say the game should be delayed by one or two months.
Back to top Go down
Gargemel
Admin

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Steel wrote:
my character fell through the floor after exiting the first cutscene and after I recreated him I saw another person fall through the floor.

That made me lol.

But yeah i agree with you, although it's a pretty nice looking game a lot does need to happen. It still feels like alpha to me in the sense of the game as a whole. Only thing different is that it doesn't lag as bad and i don't d/c every 10 mins. Really looking forward to the final result because i'm already liking what's already available.
Back to top Go down
https://ffxiv-meeting.darkbb.com
Steel

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Garg, have you started playing phase 3 of the beta? If so, what server did you choose?
Back to top Go down
kamyar

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 pm

well guys with a month to go i may not be playing doubting my computer is fast enough so i may wait
til the PS3 release. not much of a wiz with computer anymore and barely know what i am doing but
any of you think with with work
dual-core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, 6.0GB, Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:15 pm

kam whats your gfx card? the most you might need is a graphics card (although it may look a little bleh but it'll last til the ps3 release) you meet some of the specs so it should atleast run.

Operating System
Windows XP SP3
Windows Vista: 32-bit /
64-bit SP2
Windows 7: 32-bit / 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4 GHz)
AMD Athlon X2 (2.4 GHz)

RAM
Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista / Windows 7: 2GB

Hard Disk Space
10 GB for installing
10 GB on drive containing the My Documents folder for downloading

GPU
NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or higher VRAM 512 MB
Radeon HD 2900 or higher VRAM 512 MB
(Will most likely get tuned down to 256)

Audio
DirectSound compatible (DirectX 9.0)

Internet
broadband connection

Monitor Resolution
1280 x 720 (32 bit color)

DirectX
DirectX 9.0c

Last edited by Black(Chrono) on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added specs)
Back to top Go down
http://cgim.dbq.edu/students/dfeather/website/index.html
kamyar

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm

that 6.0GB was ram, look like i may be playing next month
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 pm

well it wouldn't be the same without ya kam even if you were going to play in march lol.
Back to top Go down
kamyar

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

with new graphics card got an 1836 score on low and for some reason when it was on high it
wouldn't fir my screen but ran the whole thing
Back to top Go down
kamyar

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:29 am

my mistake 1962 was my score, chrono if i downgraded to XP would that help at all, using windows 7, and for graphics card
ended up getting a GeForce GT 240 has 512 GDDR5
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:31 pm

it might help because of the lower ram requirement but it seems like your gfx card is the bottleneck. kinda low memory on it. but then again benchmarks are usually waaaaaay high for games too. and i read how people scoring 1k and lower were able to play alpha and all the betas just fine so i'm not sure exactly. but you got over 1500 so it should be okay on min settings i think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi my name is... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi my name is...   Hi my name is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi my name is...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hello Everyone! :: Get to know everyone here!-
Jump to: