Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

crafting in game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kamyar

crafting in game Empty
PostSubject: crafting in game   crafting in game Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:07 am

i copied pasted this

timthetortoise wrote:
Solid colors are indicative of your chances to succeed a synthesizing action.
White = good chance
Yellow = okay chance
Red = bad chance
When it's yellow or red, the gains are higher if you succeed. If I have some padding in durability and it's on red, I almost always go with bold. If it's white or yellow and I need some progress, I go with rapid.

Switching colors, you'll want to try and wait a few turns. Usually if it doesn't go solid in 4, I just try a rapid and hope it works.
If sparks start flying, durability starts taking a larger hit from failures.

F3rth wrote:
Honestly... light colors be damned, use rapid until you are sure you don't need to.

Even when you fail, unless you fail hardcore, rapid will always have the lowest impact on durability.

Hell even on "successful" standard synths I've lost as much as 20 durability.

What the crafting system boils down to is, if you can;t make the item with just using rapid you either need to skill up a rank or three, or you need facility access.

facility access, unlike training, is pretty mandatory for the synths that require them.

My usual process is rapid to 50+%, then if durability > 70 Standard to 80+%, if durability > 60 bold

if at any check point the durability is not greater i go back to rapid.

The only caveat to that is if I am crafting something that can have more than 1 item as a result i will use Maker's muse (level 10 bsmithing) and spam standard 2-3 times if after 50% the option to use it pops up.

I am sure the lights effect things, just like i am sure the sparks effect things. as to the definitive nature of what it effects, not a clue.(though I do have theories.)

But I am definitively sure that rapid is always the best bet when I am unsure of my ability to complete a synth.

--

Just for clarity, I believe the sparks just mean your synthesis is stressed, seeing as it usually only appears after excessive use of rapid or bold actions unless you are at the absolute minimum rank to attempt the synth. and that when it is stressed actions are less likely to succeed.

I could be way off though... since even when my synth looks like a roman candle I can still spam rapid and more often then not succeed.

Edited, Sep 17th 2010 4:10am by F3rth
Back to top Go down
Black(Chrono)
Admin

crafting in game Empty
PostSubject: Re: crafting in game   crafting in game Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 am

found more info on crafting (actual site listed for reference: http://www.ffxivvault.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2704)

Alchemist = ?? and Intelligence
Armorer = Earth and Vitality
Blackmith = Fire and Strength
Carpenter = ?? and ??
Culinarian = Water and Piety
Goldsmith = Ice and Dex
Leather = Lightning and ??
Weaver = Wind and Mind

boosting these seeem to help.
Back to top Go down
http://cgim.dbq.edu/students/dfeather/website/index.html

crafting in game